- Free Personal Horoscope and Lucky Numbers
Say "I Love You" in another language!
German: Ich liebe dich
French: Je t'aime
Italian: Ti amo
Spanish: Te amo
Icelandic: Eg elska thig
Yiddish: Kh'hob dikh lib
Hawaiian: Aloha wau ia 'oe
Conscious Living Valentine eCards Sites
Organic Consumers - Download a Valentine's Card in PDF. Cards have a blank interior and a message about Fair Trade and Organics on the back.
Prairie Frontier - An old style website featuring wildflowers and prairie grasses, beautiful ecards with music.
National Wildlife Federation ecards
OTHER ECARD SITES
1001 Postcards - Valentine's for Friends and Family
Custard Pie Postcards
Recipes for Valentine's Day
Valentines Angel Food Cake Recipe
1 angel food cake, not the giant size
Pinch of salt
2-1/2 c. boiling water
1/2 pt. whipping cream (Cool Whip is easier)
2 (10 oz.) pkg. of strawberries frozen (not those bags of whole these are rather square
containers like an OJ container)
2 (3 oz.) pkg. strawberry Jell-O
Dissolve Jell-O in that hot water and add salt and packages of strawberries. (The frozen
strawberries will add juice) stir until the strawberries are thawed. Chill until partially
set. Fold in the whipped cream to this mix. Rub off the brown from the cake, you want
white only. Tear into 1 inch squares, don't cut just rip it up. If you have a Jello mold
you can use it now, or any glass bowl is nice. Layer cake then strawberry mixture, lots of
layers. Chill overnight. Top with whip cream and fresh strawberries.
Valentine Cake with Strawberry
1 pkg. white cake mix (2 layer)
3 tbsp. flour
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. cooking oil (Wesson)
1 box strawberry Jell-O
1/2 pkg. (10 oz.) thawed strawberries
Mix well, pour into large sheet pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
1/2 stick margarine
1 box powdered sugar
1/2 box strawberries
Mix and spread on cooled cake. This is a very moist and delicious cake.
Valentine Microwave Fudge
2-1/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. evaporated milk
1/4 c. margarine
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. marshmallow cream (or 16 lg. marshmallows)
6 oz. pkg. of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
Chopped nuts (optional)
Mix together sugar, evaporated milk, margarine and salt. Then bring to a boil over medium
heat, stirring constantly. Remove mixture from heat and add remaining ingredients. Pour
into buttered pan and chill.
1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon artificial liquid sweetener
1 box vanilla or chocolate artificially sweetened pudding powder
8 teaspoons pudding powder or finely chopped nuts
Melt chocolate in top of double
boiler over boiling water. Add evaporated milk and mix. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes, then add
vanilla extract and sweetener. Spread on a small foil pie pan or plate. Chill.
Cut into 8 pieces. Form into
egg-shaped balls and then roll lightly in pudding powder or chopped nuts.
More Valentine's Recipes
The Valentine's Day Page
Valentine's Day Articles
Gift Guide for Each Sign
The Valentine's Day Store
Homemade Valentine Gifts
Valentine Gift Ideas for Men
Are You Strong Enough to Love?
Valentine's Day Do's and Don'ts
Beyond Valentine's Day
Chocolate Guide to Love
Valentine's Day by the Signs
Kissing by the Signs
Pick-up Lines by the Signs
Finding Compatible E-Dates
Valentine's Day and Sadness
A Valentine Message
Kids Valentine Cards, Personalized Printable Valentine Cards, Monkey Valentines, Bananas For You Valentine Cards (Set), Classroom Exchange Cards with Envelopes
More Valentine Gifts through our Amazon Store
About Valentine's Day
- Cupid means desire in Latin.
- During the Middle Ages, Europeans believed that birds chose their mates each year on February 14.
- If you rearrange the letters of the word rose, you get Eros, the god of love.
- Teachers receive the most Valentine's Day cards.
- Did you know that in the Middle Ages lovers would sing or recite their valentines? Written valentines did not appear until after the 1400's.
The contemporary celebration takes its name from a priest by the name of Valentine. He conducted secret marriage ceremonies to join illicit lovers. He was arrested and put to death on February 14, 269 or 270 C.E. While imprisoned, the priest restored the sight of the prison guard's daughter, and left a parting note for her signed "from your Valentine" prior to his execution, hence the term for the messages of love given on this day.
The practices commonly associated with Valentine's Day can also be ascribed to the medieval belief popular in Great Britain and France that birds pick their partners on February 14th. Formal Valentines began to be circulated in approximately the 14th or 15th centuries in those countries, and the first commercially printed cards most likely appeared in the 18th century. Those Valentines were delicate crafts made out of paper, decorated with ribbons and lace, depicting birds and other natural symbols.
Tarot for Love
The Love Tarot Use the Power of the Mystic Deck to Guide You in Love, Romance and Sex.
The Love Spells Box A Pack of 30 Love Cards and a Book of Spells to Enhance Your Love Life.
Romancing the Tarot How to Use Tarot to Find True Love, Spice Up Your Sex Life, or Let Go of a Bad Relationship.
- Wearing a wedding ring on the fourth finger of the left hand dates back to Rome around 300 BC. It was believed that the vein of love ran from this finger directly to the heart.
- An estimated 25 percent of Valentine's Day cards are humorous.
- 73% of people who buy flowers for Valentine's Day are men, while only 27 percent are women.
- Amnat Puttigo of Pattaya, Thailand, won a "Ripley's Believe It or Not" by holding his wife in his arms for 10 hours 49 minutes and 15 seconds in Valentine's Day Contest!
- An estimated one billion Valentine cards are sent each year.
- 85% of all Valentine cards are sent by women.
- Cupid, often associated with Valentine's Day, is the son of Venus, Roman goddess of love.
- The red rose, representing love, remains the most popular flower purchased by men in the U.S.
Back to AstroStar Home Page
New Age Shops
David Weitzman's Jewelry for Love Collection
Day Men's Necktie
Valentine's Day Heart Scarf
Sacred Symbol Jewelry
Valentines Sterling Silver Enamel Love Bead Charm For Pandora