1) Let go of the past and forgive. Everyone knows this is a good idea, but sometimes you really need to make a daily, conscious effort to shed the mind clutter from the past that's holding you back. When my mind dwells upon something or someone I know isn't beneficial for me, I tell myself that's in the past, thanks for the lesson, "cancel, cancel, cancel," and then replace it with gratitude for something or someone else.
"It's one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself, to forgive. Forgive everybody." Maya Angelou
2) Accept where you are now. It may not be where you want to be, but doing so will free up your energy and help you move on. Consistently cherishing and being grateful about the good things in your life will help you rise above the bad and any feelings of lack.
3) Accept you can be happy on your own. Feeling relatively happy and complete by yourself will make you more appealing to potential matches. Focusing on yourself by developing your talents and interests helps, as does seeing yourself as an individual, rather than a "single" who "should" be part of a couple.
"It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company." George Washington
4) Accept that there's nothing wrong with being single. A good love life doesn't mean you can't be single at times, even for long periods of time. Some people will judge you for it, but that's more about them; perhaps they cannot be happy on their own. Let them be. Do what makes you happy, even if it's not the norm.
5) Be grateful you have more than one soul mate. Losing a wonderful soul mate can be devastating and no one can replace that person. But each relationship is unique so be excited about the future.
6) Focus on what you learned and the wonderful experiences rather than the length of a relationship. Just because a relationship didn't last a lifetime doesn't mean it "failed". From a spiritual perspective, the number of anniversaries isn't that important.
7) Embrace the uniqueness of your relationship rather than comparing it to what it "should" be. Relationships aren't always what they seem, especially on social media.
8) Consider that karma plays a role in everyone's love life. This means the more you react positively to situations, the more good future (life) karma you'll create. Also, karma is about cause and effect, not punishment, and sometimes difficult situations lead to wonderful ones.
9) Consider that a lot of major love life situations are fated, and you can use your free will to react to fate and make the most of it.
"Fate leads him who follows it, and drags him who resist." Plutarch
10) Consider that timing for love life and other areas of life changes periodically. Thus, sometimes your timing is much more conducive to endings, new beginnings, or being single, for example. If you don't like your love life now, your timing might be better for what you want next month or year.
11) Take time for yourself so you can present your best self.
12) Finally, don't take it too seriously! Try to relax, have fun and express love instead of fear.
Copyright (c) 2019 Stephen Petullo
Your Love Life
How your past
lives are affecting
your love life.
Direct Your Destiny
Scott Petullo and Stephen Petullo offer vital, yet sensible and practical spiritual guidance and tools, including their Spiritual Detox and Let Go MP3 meditation audios. Get their free report: 13 Spiritual and New Age Myths and 13 Other Spiritual Laws Besides the Law of Attraction. Website: spiritualgrowthnow.com. They are the authors of Your Love Life and Reincarnation: Why The Past Is Affecting Your Present and How To Fix It.
Co-authors Scott and Stephen Petullo are currently offering their downloadable Numerology Decoder Software for 25% off.
More Articles by Scott or Stephen Petullo
Why Sex is More Challenging for the Spiritually Sensitive
Sex and Spirituality - Why Great Sex is Rare
The Seven Most Disappointing Love Life Realities
17 Dating Tips for Mystics
Death, Spirit Possession, and Mediums
13 Other Spiritual Laws Beyond the Law of Attraction
Lucky Days Software
Excel andaccurate! Based on your day and time of birth. Calculates your luckiest days to meet someone new, get married, start a new project, invest, etc... No astrology knowledge is needed. Free Evaluation. Tested successfully on the BBC.
Books on Spiritual Relationships at Amazon.
New Age Shops